Tagged: , food , recipes
Panna Cotta with Ripe Mango
From Simple Seduction in Three Courses, February 2001
Wine Suggestion: a rich, sweet red Recioto della Valpolicella Classico La Roggia by Fratelli Speri.
This is one of the most sensual desserts I know. It’s a cross between soft ice cream and rich custard. Serve it with dicings of ripe mango.
Cook to Cook: Use organic cream if possible and be sure the sour cream contains only cream and culture, no other additives (Daisy is one brand to look for). This recipe unmolds with a soft, creamy finish. For a firmer panna cotta, increase the gelatin to 1 teaspoon.
* 3/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
* 1 tablespoons cold water
* 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 1/4 cup sugar, or more to taste
* dash of salt
* 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes. In a 2-quart saucepan, warm the cream with the sugar, salt, and vanilla over medium-high heat. Do not let it boil. Stir in the gelatin until thoroughly dissolved. Take the cream off the heat and cool about 5 minutes.
2. Put the sour cream in a medium bowl. Gently whisk in the warm cream a little at a time until smooth. Taste for sweetness. It may need another teaspoon of sugar. Rinse 4 2/3-cup ramekins, custard cups, or coffee cups with cold water. Fill each one three-quarters full with the cream. Chill 4 to 24 hours.
3. To serve, either unmold by packing the molds in hot towels and then turning each out onto a dessert plate, or serve in their containers. Serve with diced ripe mango.
Tagged: , cooking , 2009 , pannecotta , strawberry , dessert
bright liners & fun sprinkles make this so much more than a basic vanilla cupcake
blog post & recipe at Sweet Peony (sweetpeonyblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/vanilla-bean-cupcakes…)
Tagged: , cupcakes , dessert , vanilla , frosting , sprinkles
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped milk chocolate frosting
Red colored sugar
35 pieces candy corn
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray bottoms and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pans. Bake as directed on box for 9-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Cut 1 layer as shown in diagram. Freeze cut pieces uncovered 1 hour for easier frosting.
4. Place uncut layer on plate; frost top and side. Place cutout circle on larger layer; frost. Arrange head and feet on circle; frost.
5. Cut marshmallow in half. Moisten 1 half and dip in red sugar; join to head with frosting for turkey’s wattle. Use other half of marshmallow for turkey’s eye. Use candy corn for beak, claws and feathers. Store loosely covered.
Tagged: , Betty Crocker , General Mills , recipe , Thanksgiving , fall , Turkey Gobbler Cake Recipe , cake , Turkey , gobbler , dessert , dessert recipe , cake recipe , candy corn , chocolate , chocolate cake , frosting , milk chocolate , cake design , Thanksgiving dessert
Spring Roll Wrappers recipe is a sheet or pastry that is often used to make spring rolls, samosa or rolls with vegetables or egg or chicken or various snack items.
Tagged: , snacks , veg , recipes , springroll
Tagged: , pink , brown , white , maraschino , cherries , Cherry , Vanilla , Dr. , Pepper , Cupcakes , soda , chocolate , cake , mix , frosting , icing , jar , recipe , recipes , cupcake
When the first berries of the season appear, French pâtissiers start making fraisiers, light, sugar syrup moistened cakes that are split and filled with sliced strawberries and pastry cream or buttercream, then covered with a thin sheet of almond paste.
Recipe @ Cantina di Dom Fuas
Tagged: , dessert , fraisier , patisserie , cake , strawberries
Tagged: , chocolate , cheesecake , cake , filling , sour , cream , frosting , layers , layered , recipe , recipes , dessert , desserts
Tagged: , Dessert , Foodie