1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped milk chocolate frosting
Red colored sugar
35 pieces candy corn
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray bottoms and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pans. Bake as directed on box for 9-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Cut 1 layer as shown in diagram. Freeze cut pieces uncovered 1 hour for easier frosting.
4. Place uncut layer on plate; frost top and side. Place cutout circle on larger layer; frost. Arrange head and feet on circle; frost.
5. Cut marshmallow in half. Moisten 1 half and dip in red sugar; join to head with frosting for turkey’s wattle. Use other half of marshmallow for turkey’s eye. Use candy corn for beak, claws and feathers. Store loosely covered.
Tagged: , Betty Crocker , General Mills , recipe , Thanksgiving , fall , Turkey Gobbler Cake Recipe , cake , Turkey , gobbler , dessert , dessert recipe , cake recipe , candy corn , chocolate , chocolate cake , frosting , milk chocolate , cake design , Thanksgiving dessert