I’m not joking – you can prep this amazingly moist chocolate cake in less than five minutes. You don’t even use a bowl.
Tagged: , plant based , plant , based , plant based on a budget , vegan , vegetarianism , weight loss , diet , healthy , food , recipes , crazy cake , chocolate cake , cake , wacky cake , wacky , depression cake
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped milk chocolate frosting
Red colored sugar
35 pieces candy corn
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray bottoms and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pans. Bake as directed on box for 9-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Cut 1 layer as shown in diagram. Freeze cut pieces uncovered 1 hour for easier frosting.
4. Place uncut layer on plate; frost top and side. Place cutout circle on larger layer; frost. Arrange head and feet on circle; frost.
5. Cut marshmallow in half. Moisten 1 half and dip in red sugar; join to head with frosting for turkey’s wattle. Use other half of marshmallow for turkey’s eye. Use candy corn for beak, claws and feathers. Store loosely covered.
Tagged: , Betty Crocker , General Mills , recipe , Thanksgiving , fall , Turkey Gobbler Cake Recipe , cake , Turkey , gobbler , dessert , dessert recipe , cake recipe , candy corn , chocolate , chocolate cake , frosting , milk chocolate , cake design , Thanksgiving dessert
A test picture. The Argus c44 family of lenses included an f1.9 50mm lens by Steinheil, which is not common. I found one in poor shape which was "stuck" to its body. A project ensued, and I overhauled the body and the lens. I sprung for having the front element repolished and recoated by the fine gentleman at UltraFlat. I’m happy with the results… the lens is sharp and presents a lovely swirly bokeh that seems to be common in fast lenses from before the late 60’s.
The other part of the test was to try some Kodak SO331 high contrast pan duplicating film. I developed it in caffenol LC and while I probably could have developed it longer (or rated the film slower) it wasn’t bad at all. And the satisfaction of making your own developer out of things from the kitchen is really worthwhile.
4 tsp washing soda (sodium carbonate)
2 tsp instant coffee
1/4 tsp vitamin C
1 tsp iodized salt
Water to make 10 oz.
Dissolve in order listed.
If there’s sediment, filter (through a paper towel or coffee filter) before use. (The carbonate may have crud in it that doesn’t like to go into solution. You can use warm water but you’ll want it to cool down before use.)
Developing time 15-20 mins @ 68ºF.
Tagged: , bw , caffenol LC , argus , c44 , cintagon 50mm f1.9 , kodak so-331 , steinheil
This Mint rice recipe is such a flavourful and also a quick lunch box rice variety, which can be easily prepared in a jiffy. I have tried other versions of this rice, but this is the first time, I am trying this mint pulao recipe. Whenever I buy mint leaves in my weekly purchase, I usually prepare Veg biriyani / Brinji rice or Thengai paal rice. If you have any sudden cravings for biriyani, just add some veggies like carrot, beans, cauliflower etc to this pulao and you can call this as an instant version of biriyani. As all of us know mint leaves has so many medicinal values. It helps in digestion, relieves from blocked nose, a great appetizer and mouth freshner too. Ok, over to the recipe…
Tagged: , #mintpulao , #mintrice , #pudinapulao , #pudinarice , #easylunchideas , #lunchbox , #ricevarieties , #easylunch , #stepbystep , #homemade , #homecooking , #asmallbite , #newpost , #onblognow , #yummy , #food , #foodies , #foodiesofig , #foodporn , #foodgasm , #foodphotography , #instagram , #instadaily , #pictureoftheday , #nammabengaluru , #bengaloreblogger , #bangalore , #instagood , #instagrammer , #igers , #goodmorning , #foodstamps , #delicious , #healthy , #cooking , #cooks , #easymenu
Tagged: , soup , tortellini , italian , food , recipe